When it comes to icing and cakes, children often like bright colours and shapes, such as cakes shaped like rainbows, animals and favourite characters. Using neon green icing is a way to have fun with cake or cupcake decorating and delight your child. Neon green icing can also be used to decorate a sports team-themed cake for teenagers and adults. This sort of icing is simple to make using liquid food colouring and white icing, which you can either buy or make yourself.
Things you need
- White icing
- Mixing bowl
- Liquid green food colouring
- Liquid yellow food colouring
- Mixing spoon
Place a container of white icing into a mixing bowl.
Add one drop of green food colouring and three drops of yellow food colouring to the bowl. Mix well.
Add more yellow food colouring, if necessary, to make the icing brighter. Use more green colouring, if necessary, for an even colour -- experiment to find out what works for you, although you probably will not have to add more colouring.
Tips and warnings
- Use 14 drops of green food colouring and six drops of yellow food colouring to create jungle green food colouring.
- Use 24 drops of yellow food colouring and four drops of green food colouring to create lime green food colouring.
- Food colouring is also available in powdered and gel form.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for