Barbie dolls have been one of the most popular toys for girls for over 50 years, and their status as such makes them a popular collectors' item as well. Whether from rough play or simply accidental damage, a missing or broken leg on a Barbie can take the joy from any little girl's (or girl at heart's) play time. Here is a simple way to fix the leg on a Barbie doll.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Boiling water
- Shallow bowl or pan
Boil a pot of water and pour the water into a shallow bowl or pan. Let it cool for 30-60 seconds.
Submerge the torso of the Barbie near the leg socket in the water for a few minutes. This will soften the vinyl.
Snap the leg into the socket in the torso. It should insert smoothly without cracking the plastic torso, but you must act quickly to prevent premature rehardening of the plastic.
Set the doll somewhere out of reach until the plastic hardens again.
Tips and warnings
- If the doll is a collectable or vintage, practice on another less valuable doll first.
- Be careful when handling the boiling water and hot doll parts.
- Proceed with caution to avoid further damage to the doll or injury to yourself.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for