The versatile 6-quart Nesco roaster oven allows busy cooks to roast poultry, bake a casserole, poach fish and even steam hot dogs inside the tabletop appliance. Many models include buffet dishes, so food can be kept warm for serving when needed. The size of your Nesco will determine how many hot dogs can be steamed, but the oven cavity can be filled with hot dogs, which will be ready to eat in approximately 10 minutes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring cup
- Kitchen tongs
Place the meat rack of your Nesco roaster in the bottom of the cooking well.
Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bottom of the roaster
Place the lid on the roaster and preheat it to 177 degrees Celsius on the temperature dial.
Fill the cooking well with hot dogs. Replace the lid.
Steam the hot dogs for 10 minutes or until hot throughout. Remove the hot dogs using kitchen tongs and serve.
Tips and warnings
- Always unplug your Nesco roaster when not in use.
- You can also steam bratwurst or other sausages in the same way as hot dogs in the roaster. Add 10 to 15 minutes to the time.
- If you own the larger 18-quart Nesco roaster oven, use it to steam hot dogs for a crowd. Measure 2 to 3 cups of water into the cooking well, place the rack in the bottom and add as many hot dogs as needed. The cooker will hold approximately 10 packages of hot dogs and will take around 20 minutes to cook.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for