Regularly cleaning your pet bird's cage is essential to the health of the bird. Accumulated bird droppings can also cause life-threatening airborne infections if humans inhale dust that is laden with the droppings. Therefore it is important to effectively clean bird droppings with a bleach solution.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Bottle spray
- Diluted bleach
- Sandpaper or knife
- Wash cloth
Use a bottle spray to lightly mist the droppings with water for ease of removal.
Scrape out dried droppings with the blunt edge of a knife, an old toothbrush or sandpaper.
Prepare a bleach solution, diluted to the ratio of 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water.
Apply the bleach solution on the droppings using the spray bottle, to disinfect the area. Let it stand for between five and 10 minutes.
Rinse the area completely with clean water, and wipe dry with a wash cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Dry the cage in the sun after disinfecting it with the bleach solution - as the sun is a natural disinfectant.
- For your comfort and safety, ensure that sufficient ventilation is available in the room when using the bleach solution to clean bird droppings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for