Whenever your Toyota Corolla's cigarette lighter will not take a charge from the power outlet anymore, it is time to replace it. Sometimes the lighter will go bad, keeping its coils from the charge needed in order to heat up so that it can light your cigarettes.Only replace the cigarette lighter with a Toyota brand, or an equivalent, so that it receives the right amount of heat.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement Toyota brand cigarette lighter
Identify the cigarette lighter and power source that is located directly above and in front of the gear lever knob. The lighter will be round in shape, and either black or grey in colour.
Place your thumb and your index finger around the lip of the lighter, and pull the lighter towards you. This will remove the dead lighter from its socket so that a new one can be put in its place.
Insert the replacement lighter into the power socket by pushing the metallic end of the device into the hole that you removed the dead one from. After pushing it in all the way, you will be able to use it when you are ready to use it again.
Tips and warnings
- Do not keep pushing the lighter in once it has been inserted. This could result in overheating.
- Only use a Toyota brand replacement lighter, or an equivalent brand.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for