People are born with an average of 100,000 hair follicles and there is no way to increase that number over the course of a lifetime. Hair is made of Keratin, which is the same substance your fingernails are made from. Several simple and natural practices -- when incorporated into your daily life -- can thicken hair follicles without the need to purchase expensive hair care products.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Protein rich foods (i.e. soy, meat, eggs, fish)
- Herbal teas (i.e. green tea, primrose oil tea)
Exercise three to five times a week, for at least 30 minutes. Choose aerobic exercises (i.e. jogging, step workout, spin class) that keep your heart rate up, as this will increase your body's blood circulation. As your circulation improves via regular exercise, your hair follicles will respond by producing more natural oils, which will make your hair thicker and more healthy.
Eat a balanced diet that includes two to three servings of protein every day. It is essential to ingest protein because it provides the body with amino acids that are necessary for hair follicle growth and repair.
Drink herbal tea two to three times a week in order to improve blood circulation. Practice yoga or another form of relaxation three to five times a week to reduce stress levels, which will also increase blood circulation and diminish toxins emitted into the bloodstream.
Tips and warnings
- Prayer (silent or aloud) counts as a de-stressing activity. Set aside 20 to 30 minutes a day to pray if you are not able to invest in yoga classes or other formal relaxation classes.
- Overworking your body will actually harm blood circulation rather than improving it; do not work out more than five times a week or you will put your body into a toxic stress mode that negatively affects blood circulation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for