Sales stickers and tape on your refrigerator leave a sticky residue when you remove them. This sticky residue is not only unsightly, but seems difficult to remove. The quickest way to remove sticky residue from a refrigerator is using what you already have in the kitchen. Cooking oil penetrates the sticky residue, although it requires time to work. Cooking oil not only removes the residue, but the substance is also cleaned quickly and effectively from the refrigerator along with the residue.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Cooking oil
- Liquid dish soap
Scratch the surface of the sticky residue with your fingernail. Only scratch the residue and not the surface of the refrigerator.
Saturate the corner of a cloth with cooking oil. Rub the cooking oil over the sticky residue on the refrigerator. Rub the oil into the sticky residue, saturating the area. Allow the cooking oil to sit and penetrate the glue for 30 minutes.
Fill a small bucket or container with hot water and 1 tsp of liquid dish soap. Wash the area thoroughly with the soapy mixture and a cloth. The oil and sticky residue comes off with a little pressure.
Dry the area thoroughly with a clean, dry cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Rubbing alcohol works well to remove sticky residue. Apply it to an inconspicuous place first to ensure that it does not damage the surface of the refrigerator.
- Remove sticky food residue with warm soap and water and clean cloths.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for