Mainland Europe uses the metric system for weights, measurements and distances. The United Kingdom, however, still uses the old imperial in combination with the metric system. Fortunately, Metric measurements in millimetres, centimetres (100 millimetres) and meters (100 centimetres) are easily converted from and to imperial measurements in inches and feet (12 inches). It's important to note that the imperial system as used in the United States differs slightly from the U.K. imperial measurements.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Write down 63 centimetres on your piece of paper.
Convert centimetres to inches. One inch is equivalent to 2.54 centimetres.
Do the math. Multiply 63 by 2.54 on the calculator. The figure should be a total of 24.8031. This is your number of inches in 63 centimetres, approximately 2 feet.
Tips and warnings
- As a rule of thumb, you can say 1 inch is equivalent to 2.5 centimetres. This will be easier to work out if you do not have a calculator to hand.
- Always double check your measurements.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for