Braun ThermoScan is a digital thermometer that measures infrared heat in the ear to determine the core body temperature within seconds. According to Braun, a normal ear temperature ranges from 35.5 to 37.5 degrees C. However, this range can vary depending on the person's age and time of day. In order to determine the normal temperature range, use the ThermoScan to take the person's temperature several times throughout the day while he or she is healthy.
- Skill level:
Cleanse the ear of wax build-up. Place a new lens filter onto the thermometer's probe.
Press the start button. Wait until you hear the ready beep and see dash marks on the display.
Pull the ear back to straighten the canal. Place the thermometer in the ear and press the start button. Listen for one long beep. Remove the thermometer from the ear and review the temperature in the display.
Push the ejector button on the thermometer to remove the used lens. Discard the used lens.
Tips and warnings
- If you hear a series of short beeps while taking the temperature, remove the thermometer. Check the display for a "POS" message. This indicates you did not place the thermometer securely in the ear. Place the thermometer in the ear again and restart the process.
- Take the temperature in the same ear each time to ensure accurate readings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for