BACS stands for Bankers Automated Clearing Services and is a simple process of making payments via electronic transactions. It is internationally recognised as a safe way of transferring money between bank accounts. It can take three to five working days for a BACS payment to clear. Many people use Direct Debit to pay their monthly household bills; this is done using the BACS system.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Bank account with account number and sort code
Supply your bank the account number, sort code and account name of the person or company you are transferring funds to, together with the amount of money you wish to transfer.
Supply the person or company who is transferring money to you with your account number, sort code and the exact name on your account to enable them to put funds into your account.
Make a note of any reference numbers provided so that you have a record of the transaction.
Tips and warnings
- Always take care when giving out your personal information and bank account details.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for