Chair socks are cloth attachments that fit onto the legs of chairs in order to prevent the feet of the chair from damaging the floor. Chair socks can be decorative, and you can select them in a variety of styles. Chair socks are simple to use and fit on nearly any chair that has legs. Protecting your floor from scratches by using chair socks is an easy process.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Protective floor mat
Slip the chair socks on over each leg of the chair so the foot is completely covered. The cloth covering reduces friction between the chair and the floor, which helps prevent scratching.
Pick up the chair when moving it. While chair socks do make a chair easier to drag, the floor will stay looking good longer the less items are dragged across it.
Consider placing a protective floor mat under the chair so the floor socks stay in contact with the mat instead of the floor itself.
Tips and warnings
- According to Nancy Protectz, furniture socks are not to be used on really tapered legs of chairs or other furniture.
- Take care when moving heavy chairs or furniture if you have back or health issues.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for