You can make all natural, homemade cat biscuits with a few common ingredients you may already have. Cat biscuits are baked treats that combine the meaty flavours cats love with a nutritious bread base of fortified grains. The crisp cat biscuits can be cut to custom sizes and shapes to make personalised treats for a special cat. Reward a cat by giving them a preservative-free cat biscuit with owner-approved ingredients and a taste cats enjoy.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup powdered nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 tbsp brewer's yeast or instant rolled oats
- Large mixing bowl
- 2 tbsp dried catnip (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 beaten egg
- 1-1/4 cup (2 cans) fish in oil (tuna, mackerel, sardines)
- Rolling pin
- Small cookie cutters
- Silicone baking mat or cooking oil spray
- Baking tray
- Cooling racks
Combine 1 cup whole wheat flour with the powdered nonfat milk, cornmeal, wheat germ and brewer's yeast or instant rolled oats in a large mixing bowl. You may also add some dried catnip to the biscuit dough as an extra treat.
Mix the ingredients continuously with a clean hand as you slowly pour in the chicken stock. Mix in the beaten egg and oily fish.
Dust the remaining 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour onto a clean surface. Turn the dough out onto the floured surface. Knead the dough and incorporate the wheat flour until a smooth, cohesive ball forms.
Roll the dough out into a 1/4" thick sheet with a heavy rolling pin. Cut small cat biscuit shapes with a cookie cutter.
Line a baking tray with a silicone baking mat or a thin coating of cooking spray. Place cat biscuits on the sheet leaving a half inch of free space between them. It may be necessary to bake in two batches if the baking tray is not large enough to hold all the raw biscuits.
Slide the pan into a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops have turned golden brown. Move baked biscuits to a rack and cool for a least 10 minutes before feeding them to a cat.
Tips and warnings
- Store homemade cat biscuits in an airtight glass or plastic container and inside the freezer for up to two weeks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for