Mold thrives in moist environments, making the bathroom walls and ceiling a particularly favourable environment for mould to grow in. Mold is unhealthful and left unchecked can spread throughout the home, threatening your family's well-being. Remove mould from bathroom walls and ceilings as soon as you discover it to keep it from seeping behind walls and creating not only an even worse health hazard, but a far more difficult and costly removal problem.
Mix 1/4 cup of trisodium phosphate with a bucket of warm water. Place a large sponge into the mixture and squeeze out the excess water. Wash the bathroom walls and ceiling with the cleaning solution.
Pour undiluted chlorine bleach on a rag and wipe over the ceiling and walls. Allow the bleach to work on the mould for one to two hours.
Rinse the bleach from the walls and ceiling with a wet sponge. Be sure to remove all bleach from the bathroom surfaces.
Dry the bathroom walls and ceiling with towels, removing all moisture.
Open windows and turn on a ventilation fan when working in the bathroom. Use disposable rubber gloves when working with mould and throw away after using. Use a step stool to reach the top of the walls and the ceiling, and avoid standing on the bathroom vanity. Discard any sponges or rags used to remove the mould from the bathroom.
Wear a breathing mask when working with indiluted chlorine bleach to protect yourself from harmful vapours.