Drawing a body kit for a Toyota Supra will be much like drawing the actual car. You will use such tools as pen and ink, digitizer tablets and drawing software, or 3D modelling programs. Using a digitising tablet and a drawing program will produce professional looking results with the least effort. Artists using traditional techniques can produce the same results but not without extra work.
- Skill level:
Load a reference image you work from into your drawing program as a background layer. The reference image is to ensure accurate design and will increase the quality of your work. If you are working traditionally, use tracing paper or another technique to outline the car and transfer it to your media.
Open a new working layer on top of your background and set it to about 80 per cent opacity. Draw directly on this layer. The reference layer is only there to ensure that the seams and edges of the body panels are in the right locations. It will also help you keep track of ground clearance and width when you add ground effects.
Traditional artists can transfer the image directly onto their media or tape the tracing paper so that it will overlay the drawing.
Draw in any aftermarket accessories you intend to add, such as custom rims and tires, headlights, exhaust systems, mufflers, spoilers, window tinting, or other mods. Reference these, too, so you know what the finished car will look like.
Convert the car to a body kit by redrawing the panels as if they were laying flat on the ground. You can either use a graph to reconstruct the individual panels or you can freehand the panels. Check your work with a ruler to ensure that the separate panels have the same proportions as the originals.
Tips and warnings
- Ensure that your work is accurate by using references. Look for photos or diagrams that show how each part is shaped to ensure that your art is reasonably close.
- Start by drawing a Supra the way you want it to look and then make the body panels. This will ensure fit and a coherent design.
- If you work from a classic theme, be sure that your idea is sufficiently innovative to protect yourself from patent or copyright infringement.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for