Plastic baby bottles should be thoroughly washed each time the bottle is used. When cleaning a baby bottle, you will want to be certain to remove any film in the bottle leftover by formula, milk or juice. It is also extremely important that all parts of the plastic baby bottle are disinfected, using agents that will not harm the baby, before use.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White vinegar
- Antibacterial liquid dish soap (non-bleach)
- Hot water
Rinse the plastic baby bottle out thoroughly with hot tap water from a sink. Rinse both the outside and inside of the bottle.
Pour approximately two cups of undiluted white vinegar into a plugged sink. Squirt roughly two tablespoons of antibacterial dish soap into the sink. Fill the rest of the sink with hot tap water. All measurements can be estimated and increased if washing more than one plastic baby bottle.
Soak the plastic baby bottle into the solution for 30 minutes to an hour.
Remove the plastic baby bottle. Rinse the inside of the bottle with hot water at least three times to remove any vinegar residue from the baby bottle.
Allow the plastic baby bottle to completely air dry before you reassemble the bottle.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure the sink is clean before soaking a plastic baby bottle.
- Rinse and wash all parts of the plastic baby bottle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for