One type roofing material you can use for a mobile home is corrugated metal or tin. This type of roofing has ridges that help to strengthen the tin and act as a channel to drain water. You can install a corrugated tin roof on a mobile home by first determining how many tin panels you will need.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tape measure
- Metal screws
- Power drill
Measure the width and length of the mobile home roof with the tape measure. Multiply the width by the length to calculate the square footage of the roof.
Divide the square footage by the size of a tin roof panel to determine how many panels you will need to cover the roof.
Lay the first tin panel on the roof and align it with the edge of the mobile home. Secure the tin panel to the roof with metal screws using the power drill. Place a screw every two 2 from the centre of the tin panel.
Apply a bead of caulking along the inside edge of the tin panel along the first ridge.
Set the second tin panel in place on the roof. Overlap the panel, over the ridge with the caulking, on the first panel.
Secure the second panel to the roof with the metal screws using the power drill.
Repeat steps 4 through 6 until you have covered the roof of the mobile home with the tin panels.
Tips and warnings
- Attach trim around the roof with the metal screws to cover the edges of the tin panels, if needed.
- The caulking acts as a sealant to prevent the penetration of water in-between the tin panels.
- Cut the tin panels with tin snips to fit it around vent pipes and other obstacles that are on the roof.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for