Even though punk has been around since the 1970s, punk style lives on today, both in music and in dress. Dressing punk has become a popular thing for teens, particularly the gothic punk style. Your punk-style wardrobe doesn't have to be expensive to be punk trendy. You can make great punk jewellery by reusing and recycling cast-off items, which is also good for the environment. It can take as little as twenty minutes to deck your arms in your own punk style. Hunt down that old punctured bicycle inner tube and turn it into a hard-core punk rock bracelet. Make one for your friends or have a punk party and make them together.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Heavy-duty bicycle inner tube
- Heavy-duty thread
- Punk embellishments
Cut open the bicycle inner tube, around the inside seam, and discard the air-filling nozzle. Wash off or wipe away the white dust from the interior of the tube.
Cut a section of inner tube that is 1 1/2-inch wide and is the length of the circumference of your wrist, plus a 1-inch overlap.
Center your button 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in from one end of the rubber and use the heavy-duty thread to sew it to the bracelet.
At the other end of the bracelet, cut a small centred opening 3/4 of an inch in from the end. The opening need not be large, as it will stretch to accommodate the button.
Add embellishments to your bracelet, such as safety pins, punk buttons, or gothic charms.
Tips and warnings
- Add studs with a stud setter or use a Bedazzler to make your bracelet flashy and fun. You can even cut little misshapen holes in your punk bracelet to give it that "torn" look.
- Try making a buttoned "dog collar" out of the same materials to match your bracelet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for