There's no need to wait in line or pay a hefty fee to send money to a friend or relative in Brazil. You can send £20 to £2,000 online using Xoom.com. The company waives the transfer fees on transactions of £325 or more. The recipient receives funds for cash pickup at a branch location in one day or directly into select bank accounts in four business days.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Funding bank account and routing number or credit card number
- Recipient's full name
- Recipient's CPF number
- Recipient's bank name, branch number and account number, if applicable
Gather the account number for your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or bank account to fund your transfer and your recipient's Brazilian CPF number (the country's equivalent to a social security number).
Check the list of more than 40 Xoom major bank partners throughout Brazil (see Resources) to locate your recipient's bank for a direct bank transfer, if applicable. Proceed to step 2 if your recipient does not have a bank account or if your recipient does not see their bank listed.
Locate a pickup centre in Brazil from one of more than 400 Remessa Expressa branches, using the online locator provided in the Resources. Remessa Expressa is the Brazilian-based money-transfer partner of Xoom.com, with locations in the states of Bahía, Distrito Federal, Espíritu Santo, Goias, Minas Gerais, Pará, Paraná, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina and São Paulo.
Select "Brazil" from the drop-down menu.
Enter the amount you plan to transfer. When you enter your figure, the form displays the rate of exchange and your recipient's amount in Brazilian Real.
Select the receiving option: cash or bank deposit. Your fee, if applicable, appears in the far-right column. Click the green "Next" button to proceed.
Enter your recipient's full name, CPF number, address, phone number and e-mail address. If your recipient plans to receive your money directly through bank transfer, you must select their bank from the drop-down list, select "checking" or "savings" and provide the branch and account numbers. Click the green "Next" button to proceed.
Enter the billing address and account number of your payment source. Click the green "Next" button to receive your transfer confirmation number.
Tips and warnings
- Your recipient must present a government-issued photo identification, passport or CPF card when picking up funds.
- Remessa Expressa pickup locations are affiliated with Cooperativa de Crédito SICOOB and Banco Rendimento, which may be the more prominent name displayed at the physical pickup location.
- Contact Xoom phone support at 877-815-1531 from the United States or +1 415-395-4225 from Brazil/outside the United States.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for