Ingrown hairs in the bikini area develop as a result of improper shaving techniques. When pubic hair is shaved against the direction of growth or the skin in your bikini area is irritated and dry, you'll end up with painful ingrown hairs in the bikini area. An ingrown hair in the bikini area is identifiable by the pimple-like red bump on your pubic area with a hair growing down into the skin. Remove ingrown hairs from your bikini area using supplies from home, then prevent them in the future by using skin moisturisers and shaving with the growth of your hair.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Clean wash cloth
- Bath sponge
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Pointed tweezers
- Cotton swab
- Aloe vera gel
Dampen a clean wash cloth with the hottest water you can comfortably hold against your skin. Wring out the excess water, then hold the wet cloth against the ingrown hair in your bikini area. Continue to add hot water and apply the cloth to your skin to open the pores and loosen the ingrown hair from your skin.
Wet a soft bath sponge and gently rub the area where the ingrown hair is located on your bikini area. Exfoliating the area, gently, will help to further loosen the ingrown hair from your skin.
Pour hydrogen peroxide over the pointed tips of a pair of tweezers. This cleans and sterilises the tweezers. Grip the ingrown hair with the tweezers and pull downward, in the direction of the growth of hair, to remove the ingrown hair.
Soak a cotton swab with hydrogen peroxide and dab at the site where your ingrown hair was removed. The peroxide will help prevent infection.
Apply a dab of aloe vera gel to your bikini area where the ingrown hair was removed. Aloe vera soothes the skin, helping to prevent skin irritation.
Tips and warnings
- Wear loose fitting clothes while your skin heels from an ingrown hair. Tight-fitting clothing will rub against the skin and irritate the bikini area.
- Dry shaving or shaving in the wrong direction can result in ingrown hairs in your bikini area, along with razor burn and other skin irritations.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for