A dressing table is an old fashioned piece of furniture typically found in a closet or dressing room. Women can sit and apply make-up, fix hair and put on accessories to complete outfits at a dressing table. With just a few basic items, creating a dressing table can be simple and rewarding.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Unfinished wood desk
- Wood stain
- Wall mirror
- Paint brush
- Dust cloths
- Sand paper
- Assorted trays
Prepare an unfinished, wood desk. Sand it down to smooth out any rough edges, then use a dust cloth to remove any dust or debris. Prepare a wall mirror with an unfinished frame. Sand it down as well and also swipe it with a dust cloth.
Stain the desk and mirror frame with a dark wood stain. Place the desk and mirror outside and brush the stain onto all wooden parts with a paintbrush. Let dry and then apply second coat. Let the second coat dry.
Bring the pieces inside and place in position. Push the desk up against a wall in the closet or dressing room, and hang the wall mirror directly above it using a hammer and nails.
Place an assortment of trays and dividers into the drawers of the desk. In these, organise necklaces, rings, scarves and belts. Find an antique silver tray and place it on top of the desk. Place a few perfume bottles on the tray, and an antique hand mirror and brush set.
Tips and warnings
- Choose a wood stain that matches the decor in your room.
- Place the desk in a well lit area.
- Make sure not to inhale vapours from the wood stain. Stain in a well-ventilated area.
- If the wood stain gets on hands, wash them well.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for