A black glass hob provides class and style to any kitchen. Electric glass hobs reveal red colours when hot and fade to black as the burners cool down. You need special tools to clean glass hobs properly. Using tools not suitable for glass hobs may scratch and damage the surface.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dish rag
- Glass hob scraper
- Glass hob cleaner
Turn burners to the off position and allow the hob to cool down before cleaning. This may take 15 to 20 minutes.
Run hot water over a dish rag, wring out the excess liquid, then apply to stains on the black hob. Saturate the stains with the hot water and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Scrape the wet stains with a special scraper made just for glass hobs. Scrape the stain gently with the scraper until stain is completely loosened. Wipe away the stain with a damp rag.
Spray a glass hob cleaner onto a clean cloth and wipe over the entire hob, working around and behind knobs. Turn the cloth to expose a clean area and continue spraying and wiping, removing all grease residue.
Wipe the black glass hob with a dry soft cloth, removing all streaks left from the cleaner.
Tips and warnings
- Never use abrasive cleaners or cleaning pads on glass hobs as you may scratch and damage the cooking surface.
- Wipe spills up immediately to avoid cooked-in stains on the glass top.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for