If you relish playing practical jokes on friends, family and coworkers, playing jokes on people over the phone can allow you lots of priceless entertainment. However, unless you can do a variety of accents and dialects to adequately disguise your voice, your pranks will be somewhat short-lived. There are tools and methods that can conceal your voice and give it a completely different personality.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Voice-changing software
- Handheld voice-changer
Download software to your mobile phone such as Bluff My Call or Voice Changer that will allow you to change your voice on the phone. This is truly the easiest way to disguise your voice. Some of these programs will even let you hide or change your mobile phone number as well.
Choose the voice that you would like to use when making your call. Common options include: old woman, old man, baby, school girl, etc. Make your call as normal with your selection. Talk normally into the phone and it will change your voice.
Purchase a handheld voice changer. This is the kind that the villains famously used in the "Scream" movies. Turn the voice changer on, adjust the volume and place it over your mouth as you make a call.
Tips and warnings
- Don't try to muffle the mouthpiece of a phone with a sock or other piece of fabric to try to disguise your voice. It will just make the other person have difficulty hearing you, and your voice will be entirely recognisable.
- Bear in mind that changing your voice with the intent to commit fraud is illegal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for