Door dents and dings happen so easily, and yet they are expensive and time consuming to repair professionally. If your Honda Civic has a mild to moderate dent in the door, before you bring it in to your local auto body repair shop for a quote, try fixing the dent yourself. This dent repair process takes under five minutes, will not damage your car's paint job and does not require any expensive tools or equipment.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Damp rag
- Protective gloves and goggles
- Hair dryer
- Full can of compressed air
Use a clean, damp rag to thoroughly clean the dent on the door of your Honda Civic. Plug your hair dryer into an electrical socket, making sure that the cord is long enough so that the hair dryer comfortably reaches the dent in the door. Put the can of compressed air within easy reach.
Turn the hair dryer on and aim the nozzle at the dent on the door of your Honda Civic. Ensure that all of the heat settings are on "high." The nozzle of the hair dryer should be within an inch of the dent, but should never actually touch the door of the car. Move the hair dryer back and forth over the dented area for one minute, and then turn off the hair dryer and set it aside.
As quickly as you can, pick up the can of compressed air holding it upside down. The top of the can should be facing the ground. Holding the can upside down causes the nozzle to spray liquid carbon dioxide instead of compressed air. Spray the entire dented area of the door on your Honda Civic with liquid carbon dioxide for a full 30 seconds.
Within two minutes, the dent on the door of your Honda Civic should pop out due to the temperature difference in the heated dent and the liquid carbon dioxide.
Wipe up any residual liquid carbon dioxide with your damp cloth.
Tips and warnings
- If the dent does not pop out of your door on the first try, repeat the dent removal process a few times.
- Direct contact with liquid carbon dioxide can irritate your skin and eyes. Use caution, and wear rubber gloves and safety goggles.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for