Reggae is a genre of music that was created in Jamaica in the 1960s. The most well-known reggae artist is Bob Marley. The clothing worn by those who enjoy this type of music is sometimes known as reggae or Rastafarian style, which is oriented around African culture. The flag of Ethiopia combines the conquering lion of Judah, symbol of the Ethiopian monarchy, with green, yellow, and red, which are now known as the Pan-African colours. The colours are prevalent in clothing representative of reggae and Rastafarian cultures.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Stylised T-shirt
- Old jeans
- Clothing containing red, gold, green and optionally black
- Clothing bearing a photo of Bob Marley
Locate a pair of jeans with obvious wear such as rips or tears in an acid-washed colour. Jeans of this nature are common and will fit within your reggae theme. You don't want anything too dark or dressy-looking.
Locate any item in your wardrobe that may have red, yellow and green together in one garment. If you do not have one garment with all the colours, it is OK to layer items such as a tank with a T-shirt or a cardigan.
Find any T-shirt or article of clothing with Bob Marley's image. Novelty T's are common in reggae fashions.
Search for any accessories you own in red, yellow, green or black and combine them if necessary.
Find a wool hat in the theme colours of red, yellow, green and black. If you don't own such a hat, perhaps you can use headbands or scarves braided together to use as a belt or be worn around your neck in concert with one another.
Tips and warnings
- Wearing the colours of the Pan-African flag will give the feel of reggae.
- If you do not have dreadlocks, you can consider purchasing a wig.
- The goal of the look is relaxed and natural.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for