Dings and dents are an inevitable reality of car ownership, but the bills that accompany them can often be avoided with a little do-it-yourself dent removal. The next time you need a dent removed from your plastic bumper, try this proven dent removal solution before making a costly and time-consuming appointment with your local auto body repair shop. In just a few minutes, using items that you probably already have around the house, you'll have your bumper looking as good as new with no damage to the paint job.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hair dryer
- Rubber gloves
- Can of air duster
Plug your hairdryer into an electrical socket so that it reaches the damaged area of your auto's plastic bumper. Put on the rubber gloves, and set the air duster within easy reach.
Turn the hair dryer on to "high" heat and heat the dent on the plastic bumper for one minute, holding the hair dryer so that it is almost touching the dent. Move the hair dryer as necessary in a back and forth motion to ensure that the entire dent is evenly heated. Turn off the hair dryer and set it aside.
Holding the air duster can upside down, immediately spray the entire dent with liquid carbon dioxide for 10 seconds.
Wait for the temperature difference between the heated plastic and the liquid carbon dioxide to pop out the dent.
Wipe off the liquid carbon dioxide with a clean, damp cloth.
Tips and warnings
- If the dent does not pop out on the first try, repeat the process.
- Liquid carbon dioxide should be handled with rubber gloves. Use extreme caution not to splash it into your eyes when spraying the dent.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for