Swarovski is a manufacturer known for crystals. These crystals are often used to create unique jewellery. Taking care of your Swarovski jewellery will ensure it maintains its original beauty. Special cleaning kits can be purchased from stores selling Swarovski items, but jewellery can also be cleaned at home using common household products. Taking care of your Swarovski jewellery will keep it free from dirt, requiring less frequent cleanings.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dish detergent
- Soft-bristled brush
- Lint-free cloth
Rinse your Swarovski jewellery in warm water. Ensure that the water is not hot or boiling as boiling water can damage jewellery.
Apply a small amount of a mild dish detergent to the surface of the jewellery. Do not use commercial jewellery cleaners since they are harsh and might damage the finish of the jewellery. Speciality cleaners designed for Swarovski jewellery are also safe to use.
Brush the jewellery gently using a soft-bristled brush and gentle pressure.
Rinse the jewellery thoroughly to remove any of the detergent residue. Use warm water while rinsing the jewellery.
Dry the jewellery using a soft cloth that will not leave lint. Make sure the item has completely dried before wearing or storing.
Tips and warnings
- Swarovski jewellery containing pearls should not be exposed to water. Clean these pieces by buffing with a soft cloth.
- Remove jewellery before sleeping, cleaning, cooking, showering and swimming to minimise exposure to harsh chemicals and increase the life of your jewellery.
- Do not use sonic cleaners or a commercial jewellery cleaner on Swarovski jewellery as they may damage pieces.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for