Hanging your fish bowl from the ceiling is an interesting and unusual way to display your fish. It is fairly simple too, because it can be done the same way you would hang a potted plant, using the same types of macrame hangers.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sturdy hook
- Macrame hanger
- Fish bowl
Select a macrame hanger from a craft store or online. Pick one that can safely contain the fish bowl. The hanger should not have any gaps in the base or side that can stretch large enough for the bowl to slip through.
Locate a spot on your ceiling that is strong enough to support the weight of the bowl when it is full. A beam is an ideal spot.
Screw the hook into the beam. Give it a good tug to make sure it is secure.
Attach the hanger to the hook, and place the empty bowl in the hanger. Check that the bowl is secure and is not going to fall out.
Refill the bowl and give your fish a new home.
Tips and warnings
- If the hook is difficult to screw in, start the hole with a drill first.
- Use a hanger with a structure that is safe, but allows you and your fish to see each other.
- Check the hook periodically to ensure that it is not coming loose.
- Use a screw anchor if necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for