All woman have hair above their lips. While some are blessed with a delicate, unnoticeable film, others have a darker and thicker layer, which often creates a complex. Due to societal and personal views on beauty, eradicating the infamous female moustache becomes a weekly or biweekly part of their routine. However, waxing, shaving and other depilation methods may irritate the area causing it to darken, hence the term "mustache shadow". The shadow is also linked to other factors such as new hair growth on that area i.e. stubble. Luckily, there are ways to lighten it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lemon juice
- Cucumber juice
- Small plastic container
- Cotton balls
- Wash cloths
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Rose water
- Food processor
- 1 horseradish
- 1 beet
- Glass jar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Cheese cloth or strainer
Mix equal parts of lemon juice and cucumber juice in a plastic container. Apply the solution above the upper lip using your fingers or a cotton ball.
Leave on for 15 minutes.
Wipe off the solution with a warm washcloth. Repeat these steps daily until the area lightens. The lightening process can take up to 8 weeks.
Lemon and Cucumber Juice
Mix 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and a drop of rose water using a food processor until a smooth paste is formed. Add more rose water as needed.
Apply on the hairless area using your fingers. Let sit for 20 minutes.
Remove the paste with a warm cloth. Repeat these steps daily until the area lightens.
Mint Leaf Paste
Grate 1 horseradish and 1 raw beet using the side of a grater. Place the grated vegetables into a glass jar.
Add in 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Tightly seal the jar and let the mixture sit for two weeks.
Strain the mixture using a cheese cloth or other straining tools. Apply the solution with a cotton ball onto the darkened area twice daily until the area lightens.
Horseradish and Beet
Tips and warnings
- Ensure that the area is devoid of hair before lightening the darkened area.
- Threading works best since it is a lesser irritating hair removal method than waxing and creams, and shaving merely clips the hair allowing it to grow back faster than when it is yanked out at the root.
- Always wear sunscreen to prevent further darkening of that area.
- Try using concealer on that area until it fades.
- Keep all leftovers labelled and refrigerated.
- Always make sure to moisturise the area after a treatment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for