Google Maps, a popular web-mapping application, makes it easy to find businesses and residences in many countries. Whether you are planning a business trip or your next vacation, it is now possible to send the results of your Google Map searches to your TomTom in-car GPS device. Follow these simple steps to upload your favourite destinations or important addresses directly to your TomTom and enjoy the ride.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Version 220.127.116.11 or higher of TomTom HOME installed on your computer
- A TomTom in-car GPS receiver
- An Internet connection
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher or Firefox 2 or higher
Connect your TomTom device to your computer.
Open your Internet browser, navigate to the Google home page and click on "Maps" in the upper left corner of the page to start Google Maps.
Search Google Maps for the location you seek by typing the address or the "what" and/or "where" (e.g. "bookstore" in "Madison") in the search box and click "Search Maps."
Select your destination by clicking once on red pin that Google Maps has used to mark the location on the map and choose the "Send" link in top right corner of your screen.
Click "GPS" and select "TomTom" from the "Brand" menu in the "Send To" window. Confirm the address and click the "Send" button.
TomTom HOME will start automatically. Choose to either "Show on Map," "Navigate to It" or "Add to Favorites" and the address you selected in Google Maps is sent directly to your TomTom device.
Tips and warnings
- The error message "Location Not Reachable" means that the address you are sending is outside the map you have loaded on your TomTom; switch the map.
- Not all addresses in Google Maps are available to send to your GPS device. If you do not see the "GPS" option in the "Send To" window, you cannot send the location to your TomTom.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for