Blue ice gel is easily made at home with just a few ingredients. Because of its gel-like properties, it can conform well to different body areas and types, which makes it very useful for first aid and health purposes. Blue ice gel is effective when treating pain incurred by an injury or an ongoing condition. It is also helpful for applying cold to swelling and inflammation.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 3 cups room temperature water
- 1 cup Isopropyl rubbing alcohol
- Blue food colouring
- Mixing bowl
- Freezer bags or other container/bag
Measure and pour three cups of water into a medium size mixing bowl.
Add two cups of rubbing alcohol to the water. Stir the mixture.
Squeeze three drops of blue food colouring in to the mixture. Stir the mixture, and add more food colouring as desired.
Pour the mixture in to a freezer bag or multiple freezer bags. Remember that the water will expand a bit when it is frozen, so consider the size of the bag or container that it is poured in to. Make one large ice pack in a gallon-size freezer bag, or a few smaller ones in sandwich-size bags.
Let the ice pack freeze. The final product should be a slushy blue ice pack that will soften and have a gel-like quality to it.
Refreeze and reuse the blue ice gel pack as needed.
How to Make Blue Ice Gel
Tips and warnings
- Add more rubbing alcohol to the mixture to make the final product softer and more gel-like.
- Place a towel between the blue gel ice pack and skin, and do not ice skin for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for