If you need to purchase or make a duvet cover for your king-size duvet, it is important to first measure your duvet so you don't end up with a cover that is either too large or too small. Most duvet covers have roughly the same measurements for each size, but they can vary significantly from manufacturer to manufacturer. Take a few minutes to measure your duvet, and you won't end up with a cover that doesn't fit.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring Tape
- King-size duvet
Lay your duvet out flat on the floor. Gently tug at each corner to ensure that wrinkles and filling are smooth and even.
Measure the top of the duvet by locking the measuring tape at one top corner, then unrolling it to the other top corner. Write down the measurement in inches.
Measure one side of the duvet the same way, by locking the measuring tape at the top corner, then unrolling it to the bottom corner. Write down the measurement in inches.
Repeat the procedure for the other two sides. This step may seem redundant, but it is necessary because many duvets are sewn unevenly.
Average the end measurements by adding them together then dividing by two. Repeat for the side measurements. Write down your final result.
Tips and warnings
- Using a measuring tape with a locking mechanism will make taking the measurements much easier.
- Double check all your measurements; it's easy to make a mistake.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for