The hose-end fertiliser application method is the easiest fertiliser application method available. The fertiliser used in hose-end applicators is water soluble, which is one of the reasons it is so easy to apply with a garden hose. Water from the hose immediately mixes with the fertiliser and exits the applicator. The fertiliser is simultaneously applied and watered into the soil wherever you want it to go.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Scotts hose-end fertiliser applicator
- Scotts fertiliser for the applicator
- Garden hose
Add the correct amount of fertiliser to the Scotts hose-end fertiliser applicator. Scotts makes two hose-end applicators: the Miracle-Gro LiquaFeed Advance Feeder and the Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder. Each model uses a different fertiliser. The Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder uses a water-soluble powder fertiliser that must be added to the plastic tank that attaches to the hose dispenser.
Add the correct amount of powdered fertiliser to the tank, or install a fertiliser refill bottle into the Miracle-Gro LiquaFeed Advance Feeder. One jarful of powdered fertiliser (0.454 and 0.113 Kilogram of Miracle-Gro) will cover 500 square feet. One refill bottle of LiquaFeed will cover 400 square feet.
Attach the hose-end fertiliser sprayer to a garden hose. Turn the water faucet on and apply the fertiliser directly onto the flower or vegetable garden, or onto the lawn area that requires fertiliser.
Turn the water off after the fertiliser has been applied. Disconnect the hose-end fertiliser applicator and rinse the applicator off over grass with the garden hose. Allow the fertiliser applicator to air dry so it will be ready for the next use, and put it away. Dispose of the empty LiquaFeed bottle into a regular dustbin.
Tips and warnings
- The fertiliser analysis for each hose-end applicator is as follows:
- Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder: 24-8-16
- Miracle-Gro LiquaFeed Advance Feeder: 12-4-8
- Keep all fertiliser products out of the reach of children and animals.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for