While it might be scary and emotional to be diagnosed with only one healthy Fallopian tube, it is important to know that it is still possible to get pregnant. Ovulation takes place from the ovaries, which tend to release an egg on alternating sides each month. The egg then travels to one of the Fallopian tubes where it may be fertilised. With only one Fallopian tube, it is most likely that you would conceive on a month that the egg is released from the ovary nearest your healthy Fallopian tube.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
Start taking prenatal vitamins as soon as you decide to start trying for a baby. Also, be sure you eat a healthy, balanced diet, quit smoking, and drink plenty of water. The healthier your body is on the inside, the more likely it is that you will be able to conceive and have a healthy baby.
Track the calendar to find out when you will ovulate. If you have a consistent 28-day cycle, you will most likely ovulate around 14 days after your period started. If your cycles are generally longer, subtract 18 from the number of days in your shortest cycle. After your next period begins, count ahead this many days.
Watch your body for changes in cervical mucous, and track your basal body temperature. The cervical mucous will be clear and slippery just before ovulation and cloudy or sticky afterward. Your basal body temperature will typically rise slightly -- less than one degree -- prior to ovulation.
See your doctor. If you are not getting pregnant within nine months of first trying, speak with you doctor about it. It may be that there is something more wrong, for example, if you only have one working ovary and it is located on the opposite side of your healthy Fallopian tube.
Ask your doctor about fertility drugs. These can increase the chances of ovulation in the healthy Fallopian tube.
Getting Pregnant with One Fallopian tube
Tips and warnings
- According to the Mayo Clinic, while a healthy diet is best for getting necessary vitamins, prenatal vitamins can fill any gaps and can help your body be healthy and in better shape for conception.
- Have realistic expectations and be patient. It may take longer with only one Fallopian tube, but as long as your ovaries are working, conception is still possible.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for