Ear aches can arise from various conditions; however, ear infections are the most common source of ear aches. Children suffer from ear aches more often than adults. The pain and discomfort ear aches cause these little guys can be heartbreaking for a parent. There are remedies you can use to help soothe your child as they recover from their ear ache. One such remedy to alleviate your child's ear ache involves one simple tool: Your hair dryer.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Hair dryer
Sit your child up in a comfortable position.
Remove any heat sensitive objects that are on or near your child's ear such as plastic hair accessories.
Plug the hair dryer in and turn it on to the lowest heat setting.
Caress your child's head to provide comfort and calm them down as you bring the hair dryer to their ear level, holding it six to twelve inches away from the ear.
Concentrate the heat of the hair dryer on the ear for one to two minutes. Repeat steps four through five if both ears ache.
Tips and warnings
- This remedy is good to use after a pain reliever is taken to provide immediate comfort until the pain reliever begins working.
- This remedy is also good for ear aches in adults.
- Always use the lowest heat setting on the hair dryer and make sure to hold the dryer at least six inches away from your child's ear to prevent injury or burns.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for