Crabgrass behaves as an annual plant in areas experiencing annual frosts. In frost-free regions, it grows as a perennial, quickly taking over lawns. Properly maintaining the lawn and keeping it healthy cuts down on the spread of crabgrass. When crabgrass becomes problematic, Weed B Gone MAX Plus Crabgrass Control will help. It is an herbicide that kills crabgrass as well as other unwanted vegetation, such as plantain, dandelion and chickweed. The product comes in a concentrate or in a ready-to-use applicator. Always follow the label instructions to avoid damage to the lawn.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pump-up sprayer
- Dial sprayer
Water the lawn 24 hours before applying Weed B Gon MAX Plus Crabgrass Control. The herbicide is not as effective if applied to drought-stressed lawns. Apply in springtime before crabgrass is large and while temperatures are between 55 and 32.2 degrees Celsius for best results.
Apply the herbicide to unmowed lawns during the morning hours of a windless day. Delay mowing the grass two days before application of the product.
Shake the container of Weed B Gone MAX Plus Crabgrass Control thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed. Add 709gr of the concentrated herbicide for each gallon of water in a pump sprayer. One gallon of product treats an area of 400 square feet.
Pump the tank sprayer and adjust the spray tip's nozzle to the desired spray pattern. Spray the product over the lawn, or in areas affected by the crabgrass. Saturate the crabgrass with the herbicide.
Pour 454gr of the herbicidal concentrate into a dial sprayer, if not using a pump-up tank sprayer. Set the dial to 709gr, screw onto the garden hose and spray over the crabgrass, saturating it with the herbicide. These amounts treat and area of 2,500 square feet.
Shake a ready-to-use bottle of the herbicide to mix the ingredients. Screw the herbicide bottle onto the garden hose end. Turn the water on and apply the product to the lawn.
Tips and warnings
- Apply Weed B Gone MAX Plus Crabgrass Control only two times each year, as applying more frequently can injure the lawn.
- Apply the product to newly seeded lawns approximately six weeks after establishment.
- Wait for four weeks after applying the herbicide before seeding.
- Refrain from mowing the lawn for two days following application of the herbicide.
- Avoid watering the lawn for at least 24 hours after applying the crabgrass control herbicide.
- Applying too much of the Weed B Gone MAX Plus Crabgrass Control will injure the lawn.
- Use caution to avoid contaminating water sources with the product.
- Do not use the herbicide in gardens or near fruit trees.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for