A high frequency machine generates a current that is transmitted to the skin through a glass electrode which helps to kill harmful bacteria, stimulate circulation, and also helps the skin to absorb skin care products. High frequency can be used to treat acne and to assist in massaging ageing skin. Learn how to use a high frequency facial machine in the steps below.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- High frequency machine
Insert the chosen glass electrode into the high frequency machine; it should just snap in to place.
Turn the high frequency machine down to a zero level and turn it on. Wrap the cord around your arm once to keep the cord from dragging across the client's skin.
Hold the handle of the high frequency electrode in the hand that you normally work with and make contact with the electrode and your finger before placing it on to the client's skin.
Place the electrode on the client's skin and remove your finger. Increase the intensity to a comfortable setting and move the electrode in small circles around the skin for a maximum of five minutes.
Place your finger back on the electrode and remove it from the client's skin. Turn off the high frequency machine and sterilise the electrode.
Tips and warnings
- To prevent the electrode from skipping, place a piece of gauze or a pre-cut gauze mask on the skin prior to the high frequency treatment.
- Never create a gap of more than one fourth of an inch between the electrode and the skin, as this can cause tissue damage that will heal leaving behind brownish marks on the skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for