For years, water filtration systems have come up with different methods for letting users know the filter needs to be replaced. Replacing the filters regularly is necessary for high water quality. The Brita Ultramax features an electronic filter change indicator to alert users to change the filter when it is no longer effective. The filter change indicator is battery operated and should last for approximately five years before the battery is exhausted.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Insert a new filter into the water reservoir by lining the slotted groove in the filter with the tab in the reservoir and slide it into place. Press on the top of the filter to ensure it has made a tight seal.
Fill the reservoir with cold tap water and place the cover on the pitcher.
Press and hold the "Start" button on the filter change indicator for approximately 10 seconds. Bars will appear on the display, one at a time.
Release the button when four bars appear on the screen. A flashing dot will appear in the lower right corner of the screen indicating that the filter change indicator is working.
Tips and warnings
- If you are unable to press the "Start" button with your fingers, use a ballpoint pen or other similar object.
- One bar will disappear every two weeks until no bars remain. Replace the filter and reset the filter change indicator to monitor your filter.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for