Molasses attracts deer with its sweet smell and taste. The molasses will help create a hard food block that the deer will enjoy. Sold by companies that manufacture deer feed, deer food blocks containing molasses are a popular way to feed deer. Homemade deer food is simple to make, and will attract deer to your backyard. Make your own homemade deer food by combing natural ingredients and incorporating foods that deer cannot resist.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 loaves stale bread
- 13 by 9 inch pan
- 340gr jar molasses
- 340gr jar honey
- 1 ½ cups dry corn kernels
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
Crumble the bread into small pieces. Fill the pan completely with the crumbled bread.
Mix the molasses and honey together in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into the pan over the bread. Combine the mixture and the bread with a wooden spoon to create a mushy texture.
Add dry corn kernels to the mixture. Stir the kernels until they appear distributed evenly in the pan.
Set the deer food (still inside the pan) outside in the sun to dry. This allows the deer food to form into a large block.
Place the pan in the oven at 93.3 degrees Celsius. Let the deer food cure in the baking pan in the oven for 2 hours.
Allow the deer food block to cool. Remove the deer food from the pan. Set it outside to attract and feed the deer.
Tips and warnings
- Add store-bought dry deer feed to the molasses mixture.
- Check with your state's laws to ensure that feeding the wildlife is legal.
- Feeding deer may disturb their natural habitat. Feed deer with caution.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for