Worldspan is a powerful global distribution system used by travel agents and airlines worldwide for ticketing and inventory purposes. This tool is notable for its web-based interface and quick connection with both local and international servers. Learning the formats and scripts of Worldspan can be tricky for those new to the industry or not used to working with automated systems. There are a few ways to learn Worldspan quickly and cheaply.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet access
- Internet browser
- Valid Worldspan ID
- Worldspan server installation
Visit the Worldspan Global Learning Center online to use the tutorials and training exercises set up to assist with learning the basics of the system.
Access the Worldspan login page. This site is only available to those with a valid Worldspan server installation and is the access point to the entire system.
Login with your Worldspan ID and GDS sign. Once you are authenticated, you can access the Worldspan help files.
Use Worldspan's HELP and INFO commands to find any formats you are unfamiliar with. The HELP command will work for specific commands such as 0 sell or X cancel. INFO is for broader topics, such as INFO TICKETING or INFO SEATS.
Click on the script editor under "My Tools" to examine the formats used by Worldspan's advance scripting programs. Learning how these work will give you a deeper understanding of the work environment.
Tips and warnings
- When in doubt, you can use the format "I" to ignore your work to start over. Do this before the first "ER" end and retrieve command for a clean start.
- Remember that Worldspan should only be used by trained professionals as you are working with live ticketing and market conditions. Inexperienced users should contact Worldspan for the training courses that are available with a Worldspan license.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for