A newton is the measure of force necessary to move a mass of one kilogram the grand distance of one meter in one second. Where the metric system is normally used, as in physics or the physical sciences, knowing how to convert newtons to kilograms or kilograms to newtons is useful and may simplify some calculations. Some forms of recreation use this conversion; one example might be the parachutist determining the delay for opening a parachute in sport parachuting or skydiving.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Determine the number of kilograms of pressure to be applied, whether in a straight line or as torque.
Convert newtons to kilograms by dividing the number of newtons by 9.81. One newton equals 0.102 kilograms.
Convert newtons to kilograms by multiplying the number of newtons by 0.102. This is another method that will yield the same result.
Tips and warnings
- Since a newton is only 2/1000 kilogram smaller than 1/10 kilogram, it may be a reasonable approximation to say that 10 newtons equal 1 kilogram.
- To convert kilograms to newtons, multiply the number of kilograms by 9.81. The result is the number of newtons.
- For accuracy, using a calculator is recommended.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for