Raynaud's disease is an uncomfortable condition that affects the feet, hands, nose and ears, and causes supersensitivity to changes in temperature, particularly cold temperatures. Symptoms of the disorder include pain, numbing and tingling of the fingers, arms and legs, as well as the discolouring of the skin. There are several herbal remedies and natural healing treatments that you can use to get immediate relief from Raynaud's Disease.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Meditation tapes
- Luffa sponge
- Hand warmer packs
- Infrared-heated mouse pad
- Ginkgo extract
- Omega-3 fish oil supplement
Keep your emotions and stress levels under control. Use meditate tapes, listen to relaxing music or distract yourself with a hobby to keep stress levels from triggering the symptoms of Raynaud's disease.
Use smoking patches and nicotine gum as directed on the packing to help quit smoking. Smoking can irritate Raynaud's and intensify the symptoms associated with it. Stop drinking alcohol, which can also contribute to the condition and intensify symptoms.
Dry-brush your skin once a day before a shower to promote good circulation. Use a loofah sponge and rub the sponge on the entire surface of your skin, starting from your feet and working your way upward to above the region of the heart. Reverse the process and scrub the skin from the head to the heart by making downward stroking motions.
Exercise six days a week for 30 minutes a day to promote circulation. Go swimming, biking, walking or hiking, and alternate your routine to prevent boredom.
Dress appropriately for colder weather conditions. Wear gloves, hats, scarves, sweaters and warm winter coats during the winter months to keep from being exposed to the cold. Use hand warmers in extremely cold conditions, if necessary.
Use an infrared-heated mouse pad to treat tingling and cold fingers during computer use.
Eliminate caffeine-containing beverages and foods from your diet to diminish the chances of restricting blood flow and to avoid narrowing the small capillaries and blood vessels.
Take 80 mg of ginkgo extract twice a day to diminish the symptoms associated with Raynaud's disease. Consuming ginko helps with cardiovascular issues.
Take an omega-3 fish oil supplement to improve blood flow, diminish potential blot clot formation and improve cardiovascular issues. Take three 300 mg capsules daily.
Tips and warnings
- If you work with a lot of machinery, the vibration that comes from such machinery can trigger attacks and worsen symptoms of Raynaud's disease; try to avoid machinery if possible.
- Extreme cases of Raynaud's disease can stop blood flow to fingertips, arms, legs and toes; if a bluish skin tint is prolonged or if the skin blackens, immediate medical attention is required so that gangrene does not develop.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for