While skin tags are considered harmless in the medical community, they can be physically irritating and embarrassing to those who suffer from them. Skin tags are non-malignant tumours and they are often found in areas of the body where there are more skin creases, such as the armpit or neck area. Most insurance companies won't cover the removal of skin tags by doctors. Since skin tags are not life threatening, their removal is seen as cosmetic. If you want to remove a skin tag, there is a simple, painless way to do this at home with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is essential oil boiled from a plant native to Australia. It is known for its antifungal and antiseptic properties.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pure tea tree oil
- Sterile cotton balls
- Medical tape
Make sure the area of your skin with the skin tag on it is clean and dry.
Pour some tea tree oil onto a cotton ball.
Rub the skin tag with the tea tree oil.
Tape the tea tree soaked cotton ball over the skin tag with medical tape if you desire. This will quicken the removal of the skin tag.
Repeat these processes several times a day until the skin tag loosens and falls off on its own.
Tips and warnings
- If you have a very small tag, you can also use a cotton swab to dab the skin tag instead of a cotton ball. This will help save on some of the tea tree oil, as it can be expensive.
- Use caution when applying any essential oil to the skin, as your skin could react to it. If you experience burning or redness of the skin after using tea tree oil, discontinue use and wash the skin immediately.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for