You can lower blood sugar with apple cider vinegar, which has long been valued for its nutritive properties as a folk remedy. The health benefits and effect of apple cider vinegar on blood glucose levels has been clinically researched. Follow the steps below to lower blood sugar with apple cider vinegar without having to spend your hard earned money on commercial medications.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Apple cider vinegar supplements
- Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
Stir 2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar into a glass of water or juice. Drink this right before you go to bed.
Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with ¼ cup honey to make “honegar.” D.C. Jarvis, M.D, a well-known proponent of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar, said mixing it with honey enhances its healing powers. Store your honegar in a glass jar, and take two tablespoons a day.
Purchase apple cider vinegar supplements, and take a daily dose of 285mg. This is a convenient way to fit Apple cider vinegar into a busy schedule, or if you simply do not like the taste of this vinegar dissolved in water or juice.
Make a blood-sugar-lowering salad dressing from apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Pour ¼ cup apple cider vinegar into a clean jar. Add ¼ cup olive oil. Shake the jar and then pour it into a spray bottle. Use the mixture as a salad spritz. Olive oil in itself is effective for lowering blood sugar.
Add apple cider vinegar to your daily diet. Use it to marinate meats and season different foods.
Tips and warnings
- Organic apple cider vinegar has a milder taste than the regular apple cider vinegar.
- Hippocrates is said to have used apple cider vinegar as a health tonic
- *Always seek the professional advice of your primary care physician or other licensed health care practitioner before you seek to lower blood sugar with apple cider vinegar.
- *Do not take more than 2 teaspoons of undiluted apple cider vinegar a day. Taken in large doses over an extended period it tends to erode the enamel off your teeth and cause burns in the mouth and throat.
- *Females suffering from osteoporosis should avoid apple cider vinegar, because it has been shown to reduce bone density if used over an extended period of time.
- *Never use of apple cider vinegar with laxatives, diuretics or heart medication.