"Just Do It." Nike is one of the most recognisable brands in the world, mostly because of its aggressive and popular marketing campaigns that include famous athletes and simple but effective slogans. Known mostly for selling athletic footwear, Nike is also involved in selling athletic apparel and equipment. A large, multinational corporation, Nike has grown tremendously since first going public in 1980. Many investors has profited from Nike's success and so can you.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Call your stock broker or sign-on to your own online brokerage account at sites such as Fidelity or E-Trade.
If you're using a broker, simply ask to invest X amount in Nike. Your broker should advise you on whether he thinks that is a reasonable investment or not.
If you're using your own online brokerage account, navigate to trade and then click on "buy stock." Input the ticker symbol for Nike, "NKE." You should be asked how many shares you want to buy or, alternatively, how much money you want to invest. Check the current market price on your preferred financial website to determine the amount per share.
Click on buy with a "market order" for the simplest kind of trade. Note: A market order must be made while the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) is open and normal trading is taking place.
You should receive confirmation that you have bought X number of shares of Nike.
Tips and warnings
- Investing in individual companies can be risky. It is important that you do your research to determine if you think Nike is a good investment. If you are new to investing overall, it is important to learn as much as you can about how markets and investments work.
- The most important rule of investing is to never invest more than you can afford to lose.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for