Proper treatment heals and shortens the appearance of bruises. In the meantime, a remedy to hide the bruise makes sense. Using the correct makeup tones and colors that best match the color of the bruise remains the only temporary fix to hide it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ice pack
- Cosmetic concealer
- Cosmetic base
- Compact puff
- #1 brush
- Green/yellow eye shadow
Apply an ice compression to the bruise before putting on makeup. This reduces the swelling. Allow 15 minutes. Ice cubes in a zip lock plastic bag works well.
Take a yellow-green shade of creamy cosmetic concealer and rub it around the bruise. Work from the center outwards a little past the bruise. Green offsets the color of red and yellow concealer hides the blue discolorations.
Let the concealer dry then determine if you need another application.
Get a cosmetic base coat the tone of your skin. Lightly cover over the concealer without removing the base.
Use a compact puff to smooth out the covered area.
Consider applying a setting powder over the yellow-green concealer to hide a light colored bruise. Use a #1 brush.
Hide the bruise with eye shadow. Start with a deeper green tone eye shadow for red, yellow shadow for bluish colors. This technique works on small lightly colored bruises.
Tips and warnings
- When bruises result from surgery, ask your doctor for a suitable cover-up cosmetic and when to apply it.
- Cleanse off the makeup each night.
- Always read directions for cosmetics.
- Remember the obvious. Wear clothing that covers the bruised area. Pants instead of shorts for bruises on the legs and long sleeves to hide an arm bruise.
- Never apply make-up to open skin or over stitches.