Molds are composed of microscopic fungi and they use enzymes in order to digest dead plant and animal substances. Mold spreads by delivering its spores through the air and it thrives in environments that contain a lot of moisture. Mold spores can infiltrate homes and cause damage to walls. Removing mould from structures will eliminate the potential health problems that are associated with this fungus.
Moisture and Walls
Mold growth can occur in walls within many homes and this primarily happens when a wall has been exposed to high levels of moisture. Bathroom walls are especially prone to mould growth because of the large amount of moisture that takes place in this area of the house. Mildew is a type of mould that's easy to spot and it won't cause rot to a home's structure like other types of moulds such as black mould.
Individuals should wear protective equipment (such as goggles and gloves) when eliminating mould from the wall. Walls that have been affected by mould should be dampened before removal in order to reduce the amount of spores being released into the air. Soaps and detergents are capable of removing mould from the surface of most walls. Porous surfaces such as wallpaper and drywall should be thrown out, since mould fungi cannot be completely removed from these materials.
Preventing Mold Growth
Individuals should use a disinfecting agent on the wall where mould growth occurred, and this action should happen after the mould is removed. Using dehumidifiers, fresh air and fans to keep an area well ventilated is another way to keep mould from reoccurring within a wall. Keeping the wall dry and free of moisture is the ultimate action to take in order to prevent mould from forming or reoccurring within any structure.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for