How to Avoid Leaving Fingerprints
Hemera Technologies/AbleStock.com/Getty Images
The movies are full of ways in which secret agents and master spies remove their fingerprints. These characters have used everything from acid and skin grafts to technological devices that wipe their fingers clean.
If you want to avoid leaving fingerprints without having to wear gloves, there is a much easier method using liquid latex. Do not attempt to use this technique to commit crimes, however. You will leave behind DNA evidence which can be used to convict you.
Brush a thin layer of liquid latex onto the pads of your fingers.
Allow the latex to dry. You can dry the latex quickly with a hair dryer, or just let it dry on its own.
- The movies are full of ways in which secret agents and master spies remove their fingerprints.
- You can dry the latex quickly with a hair dryer, or just let it dry on its own.
Brush on additional layers of latex. Let each layer dry before applying the next, until your fingerprints have been obscured.
Dust your fingertips with baby powder to prevent the latex from one finger from sticking to another.
- SeekYT: Top 5 Ways to Remove Fingerprints from Fingers
- "Stage Makeup-Sixth Edition"; Richard Corson; 1981
- These latex finger covers can simply be peeled off when you are done with them.
- You can also use Super Glue to cover your fingerprints, but it will be much harder to remove.
Alex Smith began writing in 2006 and brings a combination of education and humor to various websites. He holds a Master of Arts in theater and works as a professional makeup and special-effects artist.