How to Send a TV Monitor Overseas
Ryan McVay/Photodisc/Getty Images
When moving or sending electronics overseas, be prepared to pay higher shipping costs and to fill out custom forms. Due to the fragile nature of TV screens, use layers of packing materials to cushion and protect the TV during transit.
It's also best to use an established service that provides both tracking and insurance.
Weigh and measure your television or find the weight and measurements in your user manual. Factor in the weight and measurements of accessories such as remote control and cables that you plan to ship with the TV.
Contact international shipping services and compare pricing and methods. Use the weight and dimensions to get a reliable quote and select between services. Note any available options for insurance and package tracking. Be sure to check information on customs when importing or exporting items.
- When moving or sending electronics overseas, be prepared to pay higher shipping costs and to fill out custom forms.
- Use the weight and dimensions to get a reliable quote and select between services.
Package your TV. Use the original packaging when possible. Wrap the TV in two layers of bubble wrap and secure with tape. Take special care around fragile areas like the screen. Place the bubble-wrapped TV into a box and fill with packing materials such as newspaper and styrofoam pieces, ensuring that the TV is tightly contained and that the box is full. Seal the box securely.
- Use the original packaging when possible.
- Place the bubble-wrapped TV into a box and fill with packing materials such as newspaper and styrofoam pieces, ensuring that the TV is tightly contained and that the box is full.
Arrange for pickup or drop off your package to be shipped. Be prepared to complete customs forms. Ensure that your package has tracking and that someone will be at the address to which you're shipping to receive and sign for the package on arrival.
- Cost to Ship : International Shipping for TV
- International Package Shipping - International Package Services : International Document Shipping
- USPS : International Delivery Services
- UPS Global Trade: International Shipping, Import, Export, Europe, Asia, Americas, Latin America, United States, Canada
- Contact your shipper if have questions about proper packaging or refer to your user manual for information on transporting your TV.
W. Nicole Barclay has been writing and editing professionally since 2004, focusing on the fashion and retail industry. She graduated from Parsons the New School for Design and holds a Bachelor of Science in history, international affairs and archeology from Northeastern University. She has completed master's degree work in public policy and nonprofit administration at Northeastern University and The American University in Cairo.