How to Add Your Movie to Netflix
Netflix is a multinational rental house and, more recently, video on demand service. If you are an independent filmmaker, Netflix can be a very efficient way to deliver your film to a wide audience without the heavy cost of theatre distribution. Netflix accepts films from independent filmmakers without a distributor.
Before accepting your film, Netflix will review it to ensure it is of the highest quality so it is important to follow the company's instructions carefully and thoroughly.
Visit the "Film Submission" page on the Netflix website and read over the submission guidelines. This page will explain the general process and the criteria for films that are submitted. When finished reading this material, check the box at the bottom and select "Step 2: Submission Release Form".
Enter in your full name, the title of your film and your e-mail address in the provided text boxes. This release form ensures Netflix that you have acquired the rights and permissions needed to distribute your film legally. By filling out this form you state that you have read and understood these terms.
Send your movie in DVD or VHS format to: Netflix, Attn: Content Acquisition/Submission, P.O. Box 5619, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-5619. You will also want to include the "Submission Release Form" you filled out in Step 2 and any additional materials Netflix requests.
- Make your DVD and packaging look as professional as possible.
- Send all materials that were requested.
- If they are interested, Netflix will contact you. There is no time frame for this so be patient. Do not try and contact Netflix about your movie; the company does not allow this and it may hurt your movie's standing.
- Netflix only accepts films that are over 60 minutes in length. Though short films are not accepted, compilations can be.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images