How can I make my girlfriend miss me?
If you and your girlfriend are on a break from going out with each other and you miss her like her crazy, you are probably actively thinking about how to get her back into your arms again. However, that can often be easier said than done.
One way in which to rekindle your relationship is by getting your girlfriend to miss you. When your girlfriend has sufficient space and time away from you to be capable of missing you, she may realise that you indeed are the right guy for her, and always were.
- If you and your girlfriend are on a break from going out with each other and you miss her like her crazy, you are probably actively thinking about how to get her back into your arms again.
Avoid contact with your girlfriend. Although this might be very difficult for you, it can only help in getting her to miss you. Reducing contact with her will probably surprise her and make her wonder about you and what you are doing. She may wonder if you are seeing someone new or like her less. Although it may seem silly, the more she wonders about where you are and why you haven't contacted her, the more likely she will be to miss you and want you back.
Stay busy. If you sit around and mope all day, you're not going to make any progress in getting her to miss you. Fill your time with activities and try new things that you never had the courage to do before, whether it's skydiving or learning how to speak Italian. The busier you are, the less tempted you will be, in a moment of weakness, to call, e-mail or text her. This lets her know that you can manage life well on your own and that you are not dependent on her.
- If you sit around and mope all day, you're not going to make any progress in getting her to miss you.
- Fill your time with activities and try new things that you never had the courage to do before, whether it's skydiving or learning how to speak Italian.
Resist the temptation to be spiteful if you run into her. In life, it is inevitable that we will occasionally run into people, even when trying our best to avoid them. If you happen to run into your ex while out in public, whether at school, at a shopping centre or on the train, be as kind and polite as possible. This can be difficult, because inside you might be boiling with resentment and hurt. Do not show those emotions, however. The more calm, cool and collected you appear, the more desirable you will seem to her. Keep your emotions in check and remain in control at all times.
Don't be available for everything. If you are spending some time apart from your girlfriend but she invites you to a party or gathering she is throwing or attending, consider declining. Do not decline in a rude way, but make a polite excuse that you are unable to attend due to some other obligation. The harder you are to track down, the quicker she might realise that she misses you and wants you in her life again.
Respond if she contacts you. Although it is crucial that you do not contact her yourself, it can be beneficial to allow her to contact you. When you speak to her, it is important that you behave calmly. That is not to say that you cannot act happy to hear from her (because you most likely will be), but it is to say you shouldn't act like you've desperately been awaiting her contact for days or weeks. Keep the conversation friendly but short; it will leave her wanting more.
- Don't be available for everything.
- Although it is crucial that you do not contact her yourself, it can be beneficial to allow her to contact you.
- Do not be desperate. You cannot force your girlfriend to miss you. If she truly misses you, she will realise it on her own. All you can do is be there for her. However, it is also important that you don't wait around too long and jeopardise your own personal life.
Lars Tramilton has been writing professionally since 2007. His work has appeared in a variety of online publications, including CareerWorkstation. Tramilton received a bachelor's degree with a focus on elementary education from Kean University.